I still haven't decided what I'm going to blather on about today -- so until I do, I thought I'd post an email joke sent by my sister. She doesn't have a blog -- so I get to post it here.
(Before anyone complains about ethnic stereotyping, please note that both my sister and I are Jewish...)
1. The Harvard School of Medicine did a study of why Jewish women like Chinese food so much. The study revealed that this is due to the fact that Won Ton spelled backward is Not Now.
2. There is a big controversy on the Jewish view of when life begins. In Jewish tradition, the fetus is not considered viable until it graduates from medical school.
3. Q: Why don't Jewish mothers drink?
A: Alcohol interferes with their suffering.
4. Q: Have you seen the newest Jewish-American-Princess horror movie?
A: It's called "Debbie Does Dishes."
5. Q: Why do Jewish mothers make great parole officers?
A: They never let anyone finish a sentence.
6. Q: What's a Jewish American Princess's favorite position?
A: Facing Bloomingdale's.
7. When the doctor called Mrs. Liebenbaum to tell her that her check came back, she replied, "So did my arthritis."
8. A man called his mother in Florida, "Mom, how are you?"
"Not too good," said the mother."I've been very weak."
The son said, "Why are you so weak?"
She said, "Because I haven't eaten in 38 days."
The son said, "That's terrible. Why haven't you eaten in 38 days?"
The mother answered, "Because I didn't want my mouth to be filled with food if you should call."
9. A Jewish boy comes home from school and tells his mother he has a part in the play.She asks, "What part is it?
The boy says, "I play the part of the Jewish husband."
The mother scowls and says, "Go back and tell the teacher you want a speaking part."
10. Q: Where does a Jewish husband hide money from his wife?
A: Under the vacuum cleaner
11. Q: How many Jewish mothers does it take to change a light bulb?
A: (Sigh) Don't bother. I'll sit in the dark. I don't want to be a nuisance to anybody.
12. Short summary of every Jewish holiday: They tried to kill us, we won, let's eat.
13. Did you hear about the bum who walked up to a Jewish mother on the street and said "Lady I haven't eaten in three days." "Force yourself," she replied.
14. Q: What's the difference between a Rottweiler and a Jewish mother?
A: Eventually, the Rottweiler lets go.
15. Jewish telegram: "Begin worrying. Details to follow."
16. Q: Why are Jewish Men circumcised?
A: Because Jewish women don't like anything that isn't 20% off.