It's been one of those days. You know the ones: where you have set up a nicely thought-out plan for how you are going to spend your limited alone time (even more limited today, as Megan is being dismissed at 12:30!)...
...and then EVERYTHING goes wrong.
So I'm leaving you all with a blog rerun, from a few years ago. On top of that, it's another meme. However, this is one that my readers at the time really liked, judging from the comments it received. If you are still with me, I apologize for giving you a repeat. The rest of you... enjoy!
TEN THINGS I'VE DONE THAT YOU PROBABLY HAVEN'T:
1. Conduct a radio interview with Ringo Starr.
2. See tears well up in his eyes when he talked about John Lennon.
3. Meet a guy at an alternative rock club on the 4th of July in New York City, who turns out to be a cab driver. Get the Checker Cab Tour of Manhattan, careening past fire trucks and people lighting firecrackers under parked cars.
4. Take a day off from work to moonlight as a pregnant extra on "E.R."
5. Be called "sweetheart" by George Clooney (as in, "Excuse me, sweetheart") when my big fat pregnant butt is blocking his way out of the soundstage.
6. Stay in a comped Presidential Suite at the Monterey Marriott.
7.Win tickets to see Elvis Presley in concert.
8. Sell Elvis tickets at face value because my mom decided I was too young to go to a rock concert (14) -- and I was too stupid to realize I could make a real profit.
9. Chat with Valerie Bertinelli in the ladies' room at the Shrine Auditorium during the Grammy Awards.
10. Get propositioned by one of the Jacksons (and I'm not telling which one).